Part-time Graphic Designer
See the description below. Please submit cover letter, resume and work samples to Ryan Klund: email@example.com
Job Title: Graphic Design and Print Communications Coordinator 15 hours/week, flexible
Responsible to: Communications Director
Definition of Role: This position exists in order to fulfill the ministry vision of the church. Specifically, this position is needed to create graphic designs for various First Church of God ministries, campaigns, events, etc.
Job Requirements: The person filling this position needs to have these skills and qualifications: graphic design skills, i.e. proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and indesign, Layout skills, copywriting, creative services, creativity, flexibility, attention to detail, deadline-oriented, Desktop Publishing Tools, acute vision, and receives constructive criticism well.
● Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
● Plans concepts and campaigns by studying information and materials.
● Ability to creatively craft descriptions for ministries, events and campaigns as they occur.
● Ability to write press materials, i.e. press releases and media advisories
● Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size, and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
● Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
● Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
● Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc. Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops, reviewing professional publications, participating in professional societies.
● Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
TERM OF POSITION: Open
HOURS WORKED PER WEEK: 15 hr/week
HOW POSITION OBTAINED: Portfolio and examples must be submitted.
Approval of the Communications Director and Executive Administrator.
DATE: March 2018
NUMBER OF POSITIONS CURRENTLY AUTHORIZED: one (1)
REFERENCE: Information concerning benefits, performance evaluations, and other specifics are covered in the Staff Manual.